The main objective of the Dakota United Recreation Soccer (BSL) is to provide all children, regardless of experience, an opportunity to learn more about the game and the basic skills needed to play soccer. We emphasize that learning is more important than winning.
- Offered to Pre-K through 6th Grade.
- Fall recreation soccer runs early September through mid-October.
- Spring recreation soccer rune mid April through May.
- Practices are once a week a local elementary school or the Cottonwood Soccer Complex.
- Practice day, time and location are selected by the volunteer coaches.
- Coaches are all volunteers: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc.
- Each session is 6 games over a 6 week period, weather permiting.
- Game times are Saturdays, 9 am - 4 pm. Sundays, 12 am - 7 pm, will be used on an as needed basis depending on team numbers and weather.
- Games are held at the Cottonwood Soccer Complex on South 12th Street.
- Registration includes a t-shirt to match your team.
- Teams are formed by gender, grade, and school.
- Players are required to have shin guards and a water bottle. Soccer balls are not required but welcome.
- Team photos will be offered for each session.
- No late registation will be accepted!
- Cost is $60 + 3% admin fee
- $50 for 2nd child, $40 for 3rd child. The price is capped at $40 per child for families with more than 3.
- Registration Opens: NOW
- Registration Closes: August 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Register for the grade your child will be in.
- Game Dates: tentatively September 11, 18, 25, and October 2, 9, 16
- Reserved for weather backup: tentatively September 19 and October 3
- Registration Opens: January 16, 2022
- Registration Closes: March 16, 2022 at 11:59 PM
- Register for the grade your child is currently in.
- Game Dates: tentatively April 9, 23, 30 and May 7, 14, 21
- Reserved for weather backup: tentatively April 24 and May 15
Click My Account in the right nav, log in or create an account.
Click My Players to add your child(ren). If already added, move to next step.
Click Recreation within My Account to register. (Please complete your registration once you start. Registrations are not held in the shopping cart to come back to later.) You will be fully registered once you receive a PayPal receipt.
When registering please make sure to choose the proper grade your, the school your child is in, and also be sure you have selected the appropriate gender. We receive many calls/emails after team placement goes out that kids are in the wrong grade or on the wrong gender team. We use the information you provide to us for placement.