Our Academy recreational program is open to everyone from beginning players to experienced players who just enjoy the game. At the recreational level everyone plays equally, and emphasis is placed on learning basic skills and nurturing the love of the game. Registration is held separately for each season.
In this program we aspire to:
- Provide a positive environment for children to learn the game of soccer
- Promote health, exercise and good character through soccer
- Promote teamwork
- Focus on player development that allows each player to reach his or her desired potential
- Represent the diversity of our area
- Players need to wear shorts or sweatpants and a t-shirt, pay attention to the weather
- Shin guards are required
- Athletic shoes or cleats
- Session is 12 days within 7 weeks.
- Held at the Cottonwood Soccer Complex
How do you figure your child’s age group?
Current Season is 2019-2020
Year Season Ends - Birth Year = Age Group
example: 2020 – 2011 = U9
example: 2020 - 2015 = U5
Dates & Times: Tuesday and/or Thursdays, June 16 - July 30 (no session June 30 and July 2)
Location: Cottonwood Soccer Complex
**Each group will be limited to 27 registrants per day
5:45 - 6:25 pm - U4 (2016) - U5 (2015)
6:35 - 7:15 pm - U6 (2014) - U7 (2013)
7:25 - 8:05 pm - U8 (2012) - U9 (2011)
One day per week is $51+ 3% admin fee for either Tuesday or Thursday
Enroll for both days and receive two days per week for $81 + 3% admin fee
--promotion will appear at checkout
These sessions are for recreational players - if you are interested in competitive soccer please visit Magic Soccer.
Due to the current situation in the state with COVID-19:
Training groups will be smaller in numbers and focus primarily on individual ball skills rather than team play.
As part of our plan to combat the virus and ensure a safe training environment we will maintain the following guidelines:
- The water fountain will be closed. Please be sure to send a full water bottle with your child and instruct them not to share.
- All equipment used by coaches or players will be cleaned at the end of each session.
- We recommend players bring their own ball, however we will have clean balls available should they be required.
- Training group sizes will be reduced to no more than 9 players (plus the coach) to stay in accordance with groups of 10.
- Players who display symptoms at training will be asked to go home.
- Training sessions will be staggered slightly to avoid increased foot traffic around the fields.
- Restrooms will be open at Cottonwood.
Members who wish to participate must be in compliance with state and local guidelines and follow the recommended health and safety policies set in place. As part of our registration process we will require that a compliance and liability waiver is completed prior to participation.
Please educate your children about social distancing protocol and remind them ahead of practice. If your child experiences symptoms of the virus or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 they must stay at home and not come to practice. When watching the training session you must maintain a safe distance from the field and other families in order to reinforce the importance of social distancing of 6 feet. We request that parents and spectators be limited (less is better) in number. Please do not allow children not playing to run around. They need to be supervised at all times.